Wednesday, August 19, 2020

PEACEFUL MOMENTS PRIZED PEONY

Hi, Friends,

I really meant to have this post up several days ago, and I got busy and distracted and didn't get it done.  Anyway, here is my card, even if it is late!



If you follow my blog, you will remember I used this layout with the Ornate Style cards, and the die for the side die cut is from the Ornate Layers dies.  But this flower just seemed to fit so well with this layout that I had to use it.  And I really LOVE the way this turned out!

RECIPE FOR THE CARD:

STAMPS:  Prized Peony, Peaceful Moments

CARDSTOCK:
     Gray Granite:  4-1/5 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
     Gray Granite:  4-1/8 x 5-3/8
     Basic Gray:  4 x 4
     Whisper White:  3-7/8 x 3-7/8
          SCRAPS:  Whisper White, Gray Granite, Basic Gray
               INSIDE:
                    Basic Gray:  3-3/4 x 5
                    Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Gray Granite, Basic Gray

BLENDS:  Petal Pink, Old Olive (L), Daffodil Delight (D)

ACCESSORIES:  Peony Dies, Ornate Layers Dies, Magnetic Platform, Subtles Embossing Folder, Elegant Faceted Gems, Dimensionals


HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Using scoreboard, score card base at 5-1/2.  Fold card base and burnish with bone folder to make a sharp crease.

2.  Use Gray Granite ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

3.  Stamp small flower on lower right corner of inside panel using Gray Granite ink.  Color using markers.

4.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

5.  Emboss Gray Granite cardstock using Subtles Embossing Folder and Big Shot.  Adhere to front of card base.

6.  Use Gray Granite ink to stamp sentiment on lower right corner of front panel.  Stamp background decorative stamp using Gray Granite ink three times on front panel.  See sample for placement.

7.  Adhere stamped panel to Basic Gray cardstock.  Adhere to front of card base.

8.  Use Ornate Layers Dies and Big Shot to die cut Gray Granite cardstock and Basic Gray cardstock panels.  Adhere the "ornate" Gray Granite layer to the Basic Gray layer.  Adhere to front of card base.

9.  Stamp large flower on scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Gray Granite ink.  Color using markers.  Cut out using Peony Dies and Big Shot.  Adhere to front of card base using dimensionals.

10.  Add Elegant Faceted Gems.  See sample for placement.

The inside of the card looks like this:


I like to decorate the inside of the card and stamp and color something on it.


I hope you enjoyed this project; it took me several days to get this posted--Doyle and I have been doing some small projects around the house and I have been distracted!  Hopefully I will have another project to share with you soon.  I have two more Peony cards completed and will be sharing those soon!

Take some time to do something creative today!

Happy stamping,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment