Friday, August 7, 2020

Prized Peony Inspiring Iris Card!

Hi, Friends,

The other day we had a thunderstorm pass through about dinner time; we looked out the window and saw a beautiful rainbow!  So I hurried outside with my phone and grabbed a few pictures; I wanted to share my picture:


I LOVE rainbows!  They always remind me of hope!  I also love the project I am sharing today!

I have been working hard on Peony Garden Suite Sampler projects, too, and have loved getting to play with all of the awesome product.  The DSP is SO PRETTY, and I love the Shimmer Ribbon and the Elegant Faceted Gems.  Here is the first project I want to share with you:


MY RECIPE:

STAMPS:  Prized Peony, Inspiring Iris

CARDSTOCK:
     Gray Granite:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Basic Gray:  4 x 5-1/4
     Peony Garden DSP:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     SCRAPS:  Whisper White
          INSIDE:
               Basic Gray:  3-3/4 x 5
               Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Basic Gray

BLENDS:  Old Olive (L), Petal Pink

ACCESSORIES:  Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Peony Dies, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Elegant Faceted Gems


HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Using scoreboard, score card base at 4-1/4.  Fold card base and use bone folder to burnish fold.

2.  Use Basic Gray ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

3.  Stamp small flower using Basic Gray ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  Color flower using markers.  

4.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

5.  Adhere Peony Garden DSP to Basic Gray cardstock.  Adhere to front of card base.

6.  Cut out die cut using Whisper White cardstock, Stitched So Sweetly Die and Big Shot.

7.  Use Basic Gray ink to stamp sentiment stamp from Inspiring Iris stamp set on lower right corner of die cut.  Attach die cut to card front using dimensionals.

8.  Stamp large peony flower using Basic Gray ink on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Color using markers.  Cut out using die from Peony Dies and Big Shot.  Attach to Stitched So Sweetly die cut using dimensionals.

9.  Add Elegant Faceted Gems (see sample for placement).  


I hope you enjoyed my project today!  I have more Peony Garden projects ready to share, so be sure to come back tomorrow!

Happy stamping,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment