Tuesday, April 7, 2020

ORNATE STYLE PROJECT!

Hi, Friends,
Hope this finds you doing well.  I got some more cards ready to send out this morning, then helped Doyle with going thru some stuff in the garage.  Then I had a total meltdown.  Yup!  I suspect everybody gets at least one total meltdown during this “shelter-in-place” time.  Anyway, I am trying to put the train back on the tracks and just keep going.  So thought I would share a card with you.  The card uses the brand new Ornate Style stamp set (which will be in the new catalog that is coming soon).  You may have seen the partially finished card I posted on my Facebook Business page (Linda’s Paper Sunshine) a few days ago.  Here are my projects:


On the first card, I used a sentiment from the stamp set "Fable Friends", "glad we're friends".  I used Memento Black ink to stamp the sentiment and cut it out using one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies  and the Big Shot.  


The second version uses a "get well soon" sentiment from the "Timeless Tulips" stamp set found in the January - June mini-catalog.  I also used a Stitched Rectangle Dies and the Big Shot to cut it out.  


The third card uses the sentiment "I miss you a lot" from the stamp set "Seriously The Best" (also from the January - June Mini-Catalog).  I cut it out using a die from the All Dressed Up Dies (January - June Mini Catalog) and the Big Shot.  

I added rhinestones to either side of the sentiment on all three versions.  

Here is the inside of the card:


I used a stamp from the Ornate Style Stamp set, stamped with Memento Black ink, and colored it with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blends Markers.

Here is my recipe for the cards:

STAMPS:  Ornate Style, Fable Friends, Timeless Tulips, Seriously The Best

CARDSTOCK:  
     Crumb Cake:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Daffodil Delight:  4 x 5-1/4
     Whisper White:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     Subtles 6 x 6 DSP:  1-1/4 x 5-1/8
          SCRAPS:  Whisper White, Old Olive
          INSIDE:  
               Daffodil Delight:  3-3/4 X 5
               Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Memento Black

BLENDS:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Crumb Cake

ACCESSORIES:  Rectangle Stitched Dies, All Dressed Up Dies, Subtle Embossing Folder, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Braided Burlap Trim

HOW I MADE IT:  
1.  Use Scoreboard to score card base at 4-1/4.  Fold and burnish with a bone folder.

2.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

3.  Stamp flower image using Memento Black ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  Color using markers.

4.  Adhere inside pieces together; adhere to inside of card base.

5.  Emboss the Whisper White Cardstock using the Subtle Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.  Adhere Daffodil Delight Gingham DSP to bottom of panel.  Adhere Braided Burlap Trim at the seam.

6.  Adhere panel to Daffodil Delight Cardstock; adhere to front of card base.

7.  Stamp Daisy image three times on scraps of Whisper White Cardstock using Memento Black ink. Color using markers.  Cut out using Stitched Rectangle Framelits.  Attach to front of card base using Dimensionals.  

8.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp sentiment on scrap of Old Olive Cardstock.  Cut out using Stitched Rectangle Dies and Big Shot.  Attach to card front using Dimensionals.

9.  Add rhinestones (see sample for placement).

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have enjoyed my project!  If you can, go spend some time in your craft space and make a card for someone special!  (And don't forget to mail it!)

Happy stamping,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment