Friday, April 17, 2020

FUN CARDS USING SCRAPS!

Hi, Friends,
I just wanted to share with you some fun cards using scraps of your Designer Series Paper.  It is an easy way to make four different cards.  This card set uses leftover DSP from the retired Everything is Rosy product bundle.  I modified measurements I found by Jackie Bolhuis, klompenstampers.com, post dated March 27, 2020.


The individual cards:








and the inside of the cards:


Start with a card base of 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4.  Fold and burnish with a bond folder.  The inside is Melon Mambo (3-3/4 x 5) and Whisper White (3-5/8 x 4-7/8).  I stamped a leaf image from the Everything is Rosy Stamp Set.

For the front, I cut a Melon Mambo base of 4 x 5-1/4.  Then I cut four coordinating pieces of DSP at 3-3/4 x 5.  Cut each piece of DSP as follows:
      With the 3-3/4 side at the top of the cutter, cut at 2-3/8.
      With the longer side of the bigger piece at the top of the cutter, cut at 2-7/8.
      With the longer side of the shorter piece at the top of the cutter, cut at 1-7/8.
That gives you four pieces of each of the four prints.  Lay the pieces of DSP on the Melon Mambo base, adhere them in place.  

Below is a diagram of the cutting with dimensions:

Stamp sentiments of your choice; die cut with shapes of your choice.  Attach to front of card base using dimensionals.  I added a couple of leaves cut from the Rose Gold Foil that came with the bundle (the dies I used were from the Birthday Dies).  I added a few rhinestones for good measure!  

The directions I am giving you are a bit more vague, but that is because you can use any of your printed paper with coordinating cardstock to make your own version of the cards!  I will post other cards I make with this method another day!

I hope you are all doing well; be sure to make a card and send it to a friend today!

Happy stamping,
Linda








No comments:

Post a Comment