Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Bruno’s Scrappy Strip Technique CASE

Hi, Friends,
Hope you guys are all doing well today!  Yesterday was rainy, but we managed to get a walk in the neighborhood in; it was kind of short because it was cool, but was nice to get out of the house.

I have a fun project for you today!  I kept seeing these cool cards and decided to try some for myself, wound up making about twelve of them—they are addictive AND use up scraps!  You can find Bruno's projects at kyliebertucci.com, post dated March 13, 2020.  He has a video describing how he made the card.

Here is a picture of my project:


The card base is Basic Black and the colors really pop against the black!  The inside of the card looks like this:


With not being able to visit friends, I am making a lot of "miss you" cards (and actually mailing them) right now.  But you could leave the sentiment out and have more of a note card.  The sentiments come from the Seriously The Best stamp set.

To make the card, you want will want to cut strips of various colors of cardstock.  Look at your scrap bin and choose several colors that you like together.  The colors I used are Pacific Point, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pretty Peacock, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, and later I added some Mango Melody to the mix.  Cut the strips at an angle, and make them different widths for visual interest.



Next, I cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 for a base.  Start on one end and adhere the strips to the base.  I left a bit of Basic Black between each strip because it looks cool.  Cover the entire base until it looks like this:


One tip is to take a piece of wax paper and place it under the base before you adhere the strips.  Any adhesive on the ends of the strips will stick to the waxed paper and it is easily removed when you are ready to cut off the ends.  I always say that I use more waxed paper crafting than I do in the kitchen!  Turn the base over and it will look like the picture below.  


Trim the edges off even with the base.  Your project should look similar to this:


Next I adhered the base to a piece of Basic Black cardstock cut to 4 x 5-1/4.  It will look like this:


I then tied Black Baker's Twine (retired) around the panel and adhered it to the front of the Basic Black card base.  I stamped the large sentiment (from Seriously the Best) using Memento Black ink and cut it out with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Big Shot.  I placed a piece of Basic Black cardstock 1-3/4 x 2-7/8 behind the die cut to help make it pop.  I used dimensionals to attach the sentiment to the card base, and added Designer Elements to the sentiment panel.  

I stamped the inside sentiment using Pretty Peacock ink and layered it onto Cajun Craze cardstock before adhering it to the inside of the card base.

MY RECIPE FOR THIS CARD:

STAMPS:  Seriously the Best

CARDSTOCK:
     Basic Black:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Basic Black:  4 x 5-1/4
     Basic Black:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     Basic Black:  1-3/4 x 3-7/8
     SCRAPS:  Whisper White
     INSIDE:  
          Cajun Craze:  3-3/4 x 5
          Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Memento Black, Pretty Peacock

ACCESSORIES:  Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Designer Elements, Dimensionals, Black Baker's Twine

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Cut card base.  Use scoreboard to score at 4-1/4; burnish using bone folder.

2.  Use Pretty Peacock ink to stamp sentiment on inside panel.  Adhere stamped panel to Cajun Craze cardstock.  Adhere to inside of card base.

3.  Make "scrap" panel as described above.  Tie Black Baker's Twine around panel.  Adhere to front of card base.

4.  Stamp sentiment using Memento Black ink on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using die from Stitched So Sweetly Dies.  Adhere to small strip of Basic Black Cardstock.  Attach to front of card base using Dimensionals.

5.  Add Silver Designer Elements (see sample for placement).

I hope you like my project today and that you will give it a try with some of your scraps!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you soon!  I am planning another variation of this project and will post it when I get it done!

Happy stamping,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment