Tuesday, April 21, 2020

No Matter The Weather—March Paper Pumpkin!

Hi, Friends,
I hope you are all doing great!  I love the sunny, warm weather we are having today.  I finished up some card projects today and watched my neighbors do yard work!  Unfortunately, they are making our yard look bad, but Doyle and I will just have to get motivated to work on ours.

I am not always in love with the Paper Pumpkin kits, but have found that the last several years the March kit has the very best value, so I always try to order it.  Paper Pumpkin's birthday is in March, so Stampin' Up! usually works on a kit that is extra special.  This year they gave us the usual Paper Pumpkin stamps, but also a SECOND stamp set that is fabulous.  I will be making some cards with the envelope liners from the kit and the second stamp set and will post them later.

The project I want to share with you today is from the March Paper Pumpkin.  Each of the cards started as a smaller card (about the size of the printed area on my cards).  Because I like a "normal" size card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2)  I cut the front of the card base off, matted it with cardstock and adhered it to a regular sized card base.  I also used alternate sentiments (some are non-Stampin’ Up!).  Here is the first card:


I LOVED all of the boots in this kit!  They are so perfect for spring, and I love all the bright colors.  On the inside of the card, I stamped the basket of flowers stamp that was included with the kit and colored it using Blendabilities.  


My second card looks like this:


Once again, I cut the front panel off the Paper Pumpkin card, matted it with So Saffron cardstock, and adhered it to a card base.  The boots and flowers are attached to the card front using dimensionals, and I tied a double bow using linen thread and attached it to the top of the boot using a glue dot.


The third card from the March kit looks like this:


This card is probably my favorite of the three.  I cut the front of the Paper Pumpkin card, matted it on the So Saffron, and adhered it to the Balmy Blue card base.  As with the other two cards, I stamped the basket of flowers using Memento Black ink on the inside panel and colored it using the Blendabilities.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you enjoyed seeing what I did with my Paper Pumpkin kit from March.  

Happy stamping,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment