Thursday, April 9, 2020

Easter Message Easter Card!

Hi, Friends,
It stormed here last night.  I had a hard time sleeping; instead, I huddled under my weighted blanket and laid there wide awake!  Anyway, it has been a good day in spite of the lack of sleep!  It was a good day (1) because the sun was out; (2) because we had carryout from Southern Star last night and had enough for leftovers tonight; and (3) we splurged and got apple cake from Southern Star and had leftover for tonight!  Even better—the cake was free!  I am sure I could come up with even more reasons but I digress from the real purpose of this blog—sharing another creative project!

This card has a story behind it.  On the night before the Salvation Army Angel Tree Crop in February, Doyle came home from orchestra practice and told me that a friend had told him that she was hoping that I was going to have an Easter card on my card buffet at the crop.  (FYI, I DO take requests for projects for my card buffets!)  I did NOT have an Easter card prepped, but had one in my mind to make with a retired stamp set (Easter Message).  So I quickly put together a "first draft" and took the supplies to the crop with me to prep.  Turned out, it was a very popular choice on the card buffet.  So I made up the unused card kits while we have been "sheltering-in-place" and mailed out several to friends!

Here is the card I came up with for the card buffet:


I used the Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder to emboss the background panel.  I wanted the cross image to be the main focus of the card.    


The inside of the card is simple as well, I just stamped the sentiment!  


MY RECIPE FOR THIS CARD:  

STAMPS:  Easter Message

CARDSTOCK:
     Soft Suede:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Crumb Cake:  4 x 5-1/4
     Daffodil Delight:  2-3/4 x 4-1/8
          SCRAPS:  Whisper White
          INSIDE:
               Daffodil Delight:  3-3/4 x 5
                 Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Memento Black, Soft Suede

BLENDS:  Soft Suede, Smoky Slate (Light), Color Lifter

ACCESSORIES:  Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Scoreboard to score card base at 4-1/4.  Fold and burnish with a bone folder.

2.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

3.  Stamp sentiment on inside panel using Soft Suede ink.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Use Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder and Big Shot to emboss the Crumb Cake panel.  Adhere to front of card base.

5.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp cross image on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using Stitched Rectangle Die and Big Shot.  Color using markers.  (I used the Light Smoky Slate Blend to create a shadow under the fabric drape, then used the Color Lifter to go over the line to soften it.)  

6.  Adhere stamped image to Daffodil Delight cardstock.  Attach to front of card base using dimensionals.  

7.  Stamp verse using Soft Suede ink on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using Stitched Shapes Dies and Big Shot.  Use dimensionals to attach to front of card base.

9.  Add rhinestones (see sample for placement).

So thanks, Karen, for requesting this card!  Your request has led to a lot of people getting cards in the mail this week that hopefully made their day!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my card.  Bring some sunshine to someone by making them a card and dropping it in the mail today!

Happy stamping,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment