Monday, October 4, 2021

FEELS LIKE HOME FOR CARD BUFFET!

 Hi, Friends,

I sat down to work on this blog post and had a sweet kitten named Zoe crawl up and lay beside me.  The girls have been playing hard all morning and I figured it was about time that they crashed for a nap!  They have LOTS of energy—I kind of wish they could loan me some!  


I want to share a card with you today that I had on the card buffet at the Blessings Crop/Angel Tree Crop a week ago.  I kind of wondered what to do with this set (Feels Like Home) that was on the Sale-a-Bration this fall, and was surprised at how easy this card is, and also that the Christmas DSP, Tidings of Christmas, would make such a good match with it!  This card was inspired by one designed by Libby Fens, libbystamps.com, post dated September 11, 2021.   Here is a picture of my card:


MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  Feels Like Home (SAB, Fall 2021)

     CARDSTOCK:
          Soft Succulent:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
          Evening Evergreen:  4 x 5-1/4
          Tidings of Christmas DSP:  1-1/2 x 5-1/8
               SCRAPS:  Crumb Cake, Basic White
               INSIDE:
                    Evening Evergreen:  3-3/4 x 5
                    Basic White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Evening Evergreen

     ACCESSORIES:  Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Layering Ovals Dies (Retired), SU Die Cut Machine, Fine Art Ribbon, Rhinestones, Dimensionals


I love how detailed this stamp is, but really don’t want to color all the details in, so it was a good one to just stamp and leave it alone!

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Evening Evergreen ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp flower pot image on lower right corner of inside panel using Evening Evergreen ink.

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Adhere striped DSP to bottom of embossed Evening Evergreen panel.

5.  Adhere ribbon to seam of above panel.  Adhere ends of ribbon to back of panel.

6.  Adhere panel to front of card base.

7.  Use Evening Evergreen ink to stamp door image on scrap of Basic White cardstock.  Cut out using die cut and SU Die Cut Machine.

8.  Attach focal image to front of card base using dimensionals.

9.  Stamp sentiment using Evening Evergreen ink on scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock.  Cut out using die and SU Die Cut Machine.

10.  Attach sentiment to front of card base using dimensionals.

11.  Add rhinestones (see sample for placement).


I simply stamped the little pot of flowers on the inside of the card.  It adds just the perfect touch!


Well, Zoe is now sound asleep on the couch by my feet!  Chloe is trying to catch flies that are on the outside of the window, so don’t think she will be napping anytime soon!  

I hope you enjoyed this project!  I hope to share more projects tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stamping,
 Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment