Saturday, October 9, 2021

DAISY GARDEN THINKING OF YOU! PLAY DAY PROJECT TWO!

 Hi, Friends,

The kitties are sleeping, so this is a good time for me to try to do a blog post.  They think they can “help” with everything, including computer work.  Here is a picture of them, looking out my craft room window:


I have been trying to let them into my craft room when I am in there.  So far, it has worked OK, but Zoe is a climber (she climbed my three tiered card!) so it is probably just a matter of time before they manage to get to the top of my craft desk.  I do enjoy it when they sleep under the desk while I am working!

Today I am sharing the second project we made at October Play Day:


This card uses the Daisy Garden background stamp.  We simply stamped the image using Night of Navy ink and colored it using Blends markers!  I like the colors we used (Night of Navy and Granny Apple Green)—I like green/blue combinations!

MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  Daisy Garden, Blossoms in Bloom

     CARDSTOCK:
          Night of Navy:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
          Granny Apple Green:  3-3/4 x 5
          Basic White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8
               SCRAPS:  Basic White, Granny Apple Green
               INSIDE:
                    Granny Apple Green:  3-3/4 x 5
                    Basic White:  3-4/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Night of Navy

     BLENDS:  Daffodil Delight (D), Granny Apple Green (D)

     ACCESSORIES:  Ovals Layering Dies (Retired), SU Die Cut Machine, Linen Thread, Pearls, Dimensionals


When I am inking up a big stamp (like a background stamp) I like to lay it on the table, rubber side up, open the ink pad and apply the ink by tapping the ink pad on the stamp.  It is the easiest way I have found to get the ink evenly on the stamp.

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use the Night of Navy ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp a small portion of the Daisy Garden stamp on the lower right corner of the inside panel.  Color using markers.


3.  Adhere inside panels together.  Adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Lay large flower stamp flat on the table with rubber side up.  Ink stamp with Night of Navy ink.  Lay Basic White cardstock on top of stamp.  Cover with scrap paper.  Holding papers still with one hand, rub the scrap paper all over.  Remove scrap paper and stamped image from stamp.

5.  Color stamped image using markers.

6.  Adhere stamped and colored image to Granny Apply Green cardstock.  Tie linen thread around the panel, then tie in knot.

7.  Adhere stamped panel to front of card base.

8.  Use Night of Navy ink to stamp sentiment on scrap of Basic White cardstock.  Cut out using die and SU Die Cut Machnie.

9.  Adhere sentiment to Granny Apple Green scalloped die cut.

10.  Attach sentiment to front of card using dimensionals.

11.  Add pearls (see sample for placement).


 You will especially like this card if you love coloring!  By NOT coloring the flower petals, it does speed up the coloring process.  

This card was greatly influenced by one I found on Pinterest created by Diane Hutchinson, craftsbythebow.blogspot.com, post dated July 28, 2021.  I like to give credit where credit is due!

Thanks for stopping by today; I certainly hope you enjoyed the project I shared.  I have several Christmas projects to share with you over the coming days.

Happy stamping,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment