Friday, February 11, 2022

NUTS AND BOLTS VALENTINE CARD!

 Hi, Friends,

It has been another very busy stretch for me:  I held a card buffet on January 29, and have spent a good bit of my time since then putting stuff away, refreshing card boxes and getting ready for another event, the Angel Tree Crop at the Salvation Army.  You might have seen some of my before/after pictures that I posted on my business page on Facebook, Linda’s Paper Sunshine.  I had a couple of valentine cards on the card buffet and thought I would post them before Valentine’s Day arrives next week!

This project uses the Nuts & Bolts stamp set—I must admit I fell in love with these adorable robots as soon as I saw them in the January - June 2022 Mini Catalog.  Here is my card:


MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  Nuts & Bolts

     CARDSTOCK:

          Highland Heather:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4

          Real Red:  4 x 5-1/4

          Basic White:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8

          Sweet Talk DSP:  1-1/2 x 3-7/8

          Real Red:  3/8 x 3-7/8

               SCRAPS:  Basic White, Real Red

               INSIDE: 

                    Real Red:  3-3/4 x 5

                    Basic White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Memento Black

     BLENDS:  Real Red (D), Smoky Slate

     DIES:  Stitched Shapes Dies (Retired), Circles Layering Dies

     ACCESSORIES:  Dimensionals, Rhinestones


These little guys are just too stinkin’ adorable!

I kept the inside super simple, just a couple of hearts in the lower right corner.  You can use the rest of the space to say exactly what you want to say.


HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp two small hearts using Memento Black ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  Color hearts using markers.

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Use Memento Black ink to stamp sentiment and two small hearts on lower right corner of Basic White Cardstock.  Color hearts using markers.

5.  Adhere striped paper to left side of Basic White Cardstock.  Adhere Real Red strip to seam of patterned paper.

6.  Adhere panel to Real Red Cardstock.  Adhere to front of card base.

7.  Stamp robot using Memento Black ink on scrap of Basic White Cardstock.  Cut out using die and SU Die Cut Machine.  Color robot using markers.

8.  Adhere circle to Real Red scalloped circle die cut.  Attach to front of card base using dimensionals.

9.  Add rhinestones (see sample for placement).


I hope you enjoyed this fun card!  I will close with a picture of our sweet cat, Chloe, getting comfy for a nap in her hammock!

Hope you have an awesome weekend with lots of time for something fun!

Happy stamping,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment