Wednesday, March 23, 2022

DAFFODIL DAYDREAM PEACEFUL MOMENTS BIRTHDAY CARD!

 Hi, Friends,

Today I am sharing a card from our February Play Day that uses the Daffodil Daydream stamp set.  I think it was my favorite card from February.  It uses the Daffodil Afternoon DSP from this spring’s Sale-a-Bration.  I CASED this card from one I saw on Erica Cerwin’s blog, pinkbuckaroo.com, post dated February 17, 2022.  Here is my card:



The Recipe for my card:

     STAMPS:  Daffodil Daydream, Peaceful Moments

     CARDSTOCK:

          Crumb Cake:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4

          Old Olive:  4 x 5-1/4

          Daffodil Afternoon DSP (retired):  1-5/8 x 3-7/8 (3 panels)

               SCRAPS:  Very Vanilla

               INSIDE:

                   Old Olive:  3-3/4 x 5

                     Very Vanilla:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Early Espresso

     DIES:  Daffodil Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies

     ACCESSORIES:  SU Die Cut Machine, Baker’s Twine Essential’s Pack, Dimensionals, Rhinestones


This card is so bright and reminds me of Spring, which is a good thing when it is February!  And here is the inside with a cute butterfly on the inside!


HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Early Espresso ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp butterfly using Early Espresso ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  Color using markers.

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Adhere patterned paper to Old Olive Cardstock.  Wrap Baker’s Twine around the middle panel and tie with a knot.

5.  Adhere Old Olive panel to front of card base.

6.  Use Early Espresso ink to stamp sentiment on lower right corner of Very Vanilla die cut.

7.  Attach Very Vanilla die cut to front of card base using dimensionals.

8.  Stamp daffodils on scrap of Very Vanilla Cardstock using Early Espresso ink.  Cut out using die and SU Die Cut Machine.

9.  Color daffodils using markers.  Attach daffodils die cut to Very Vanilla die cut on front of card base using dimensionals.

10.  Add rhinestones (see sample for placement).

QUICK TIP:  I have started stamping my image, then die cutting it, and finally coloring the image.  I am not a happy camper when a die slips, to my image isn’t centered after I have taken the time to color it.  Die cutting first saves me from frustration!  


The little butterfly adds just the right touch to the corner of the inside panel.  If you like to decorate your envelopes, the butterfly would be a perfect touch!

I hope you are having a great week, with some crafting time!

Happy stamping,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment