Friday, September 24, 2021

TIDINGS AND TRIMMINGS CHRISTMAS CARD!

 Hello, Friends,

I am still at the Angel Tree Crop today, but had a few minutes so thought I would post this card.  I am actually not planning to make a lot of Christmas cards in classes this year, but will be having a Christmas Card buffet in November.  I also have six cards that I am offering in the card boxes here at the Angel Tree Crop.  So I hope to get all of my Christmas cards on the blog to give you an idea of what the stamp sets can do!  

Our very first Christmas card uses the set Tidings and Trimmings from the annual catalog.  When I flipped through the catalog when I first got it, this set caught my eye, and I really would like to make more than one card using this set.  Here is my card:


The Designer Series Paper is also from the annual catalog and is called Tidings of Christmas (a 6 x 6 package).  

MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  Tidings and Trimmings

     CARDSTOCK:

          Crumb Cake:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4

          Evening Evergreen:  4 x 5-1/4

          Tidings of Christmas DSP:  1-5/8 x 3-7/8 (3)

          SCRAPS:  Basic White, Crumb Cake

          INSIDE:

               Evening Evergreen:  3-3/4 x 5

               Basic White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Early Espresso

     BLENDS:  Cherry Cobbler (D), Evening Evergreen (L), Soft Succulent (L)

     ACCESSORIES:  Christmas Trimmings Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, SU Die Cut Machine, Gilded Gems, Dimensionals

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Early Espresso ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp ribbon on lower right corner using Early Espresso ink.  Color using markers.

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Adhere patterned paper to Evening Evergreen Cardstock.  Adhere to front of card base.

5.  Use Early Espresso ink to stamp sentiment on center left of die cut.

6.  Attach sentiment panel to front of of card base using dimensionals.

7.  Stamp stocking and ribbon on scrap of Basic White Cardstock using Early Espresso ink.  Color using markers.

8.  Cut out stocking and ribbon using dies and SU Die Cut Machine.

9.  Adhere ribbon die cut to stocking.

10.  Attach stocking to front of card base using dimensionals.

11.  Add Gilded Gems (see sample for placement).

The inside of the card looks like this:


I was very pleased with the way this card turned out.  This card was the first Christmas card I made this year!  

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Happy stamping,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment