Thursday, February 11, 2021

YOU ARE AMAZING THANK YOU CARD!

 Hi, Friends,

I have another card to share with you today!  When I received the January - June 2021 Mini Catalog, I loved the You Are Amazing Project Kit and the You are Amazing Stamp Set on p. 7!  Recently, I was in a real slump with creating anything resembling a card, and I remembered that I had this set.  I decided that I would just make up the card kit and hope that the process of assembling those cards would get me creating again.  So I pulled out the kit and started to put a card together.  I decided I really didn't like the way that the card looked the way that Stampin' Up! designed it, so remade the card.  Then, I took it a step further, and decided to make a second card with different Designer Series Paper and cardstock.  The card I am sharing today is one of those "second" cards, where I came up with a different color pallette and DSP.  If you are looking at the mini-catalog, the top left "thanks" card is the one I started with.  Anyway, here is my project:


MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  You Are Amazing

     CARDSTOCK:  

          Terracotta Tile:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4

          Bumblebee:  4 x 5-1/4

          Ice Cream Corner DSP:  2-3/4 x 5-1/8

          Ice Cream Corner DSP:  1-1/4 x 5-1/8

               SCRAPS:  Whisper White, Bumblebee

               INSIDE:

                    Bumblebee:  3-3/4 x 5

                    Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Terracotta Tile

     ACCESSORIES:  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Magnetic Platform, SU Die Cut Machine, Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

The inside of the card looks like this:


One of my favorite stamps in the You Are Amazing stamp set is the stars that I used on the inside of the card!  It is such a great, simple stamp to use on the inside of the card!



HOW I MADE THE CARD:

1.  Use Terracotta Tile ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp "stars" on the lower right corner of the inside panel, using Terracotta ink.  

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Adhere Designer Series Paper to Bumblebee cardstock panel.  Tie Terracotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack at the "seam" of the DSP.  Adhere panel to front of card base.

5.  Use Terracotta Tile ink to stamp sentiment on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using Stitched Rectangle dies and SU Die Cut Machine.  

6.  Cut Bumblebee rectangle using Stitched Rectangle dies (the one just larger than what you used for the sentiment) and SU Die Cut Machine.

7.  Adhere sentiment die cut to Bumblebee die cut.  Attach to front of card base using dimensionals.

8.  Add rhinestones to sentiment panel (see sample for placement.  

I hope you enjoyed the project I shared with you today!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy stamping,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment