Sunday, February 14, 2021

HEARTFELT VALENTINE CARD!

 Hi, Friends,

Since it is Valentine's Day, I thought I would share the Valentine card I made for Doyle.  I found a card on Pinterest that I thought was perfect, so I CASED it.  CASE means Copy and Share Everywhere, and it is perfectly acceptable to copy someone's work, just always, always, always give credit to the original creator!  Amanda Mertz made the card I fell in love with; you can find the card on her blog didyoustamptoday.blogspot.com, post dated February 7, 2020.  Here is my project:


MY RECIPE:

     STAMPS:  Heartfelt

     CARDSTOCK:  

          Night of Navy:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4

          Crushed Curry:  4 x 5-1/4

          Pretty Peacock:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8

          Basic White:  3/4 x 3-1/2 (cut 5)

          SCRAPS:  Night of Navy, Basic White

                INSIDE: 

                    Crushed Curry:  3-3/4 x 5

                    Basic White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

     INK:  Not of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry

     ACCESSORIES:  Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up! Die Cut Machine, Heart Punch Pack, All the Trimmings Embellishments (Retired), Dimensionals

You might have noticed in reading through the list of products/dimensions above that I have listed BASIC WHITE instead of WHISPER WHITE.  The factory that manufactured Whisper White cardstock permanently closed during the COVID pandemic; Stampin' Up! had to hustle and find a replacement product for us!  Therefore, we now have Basic White instead of Whisper White!


HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use Night of Navy ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.

2.  Stamp small heart using Pretty Peacock ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Emboss Pretty Peacock cardstock using Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder and Stampin' Up! Die Cut Machine.  

5.  Adhere embossed Pretty Peacock panel to Crushed Curry cardstock; adhere to front of card base.

6.  Use Crushed Curry, Pretty Peacock, and Night of Navy ink to stamp arrows on narrow rectangle Basic White cardstock pieces.

7.  Lay arrow pieces on front of cardstock; when you are happy with the way they look, adhere to front of card base.

8.  Use Pretty Peacock ink to stamp stitched heart on scrap of Basic White cardstock.  Stamp sentiment in middle of stitched heart using Pretty Peacock ink.  Cut out using heart punch from Heart Punch Pack.

9.  Punch scalloped heart from scrap of Night of Navy cardstock, using punch from Heart Punch Pack.

10.  Adhere sentiment heart to scalloped Night of Navy heart.  Attach to front of card base using dimensionals.

11.  Add Crushed Curry stars from All The Trimmings Embellishments (retired).  See sample for placement.

Here is the inside of the card:


I stamped the small heart stamp using Pretty Peacock ink on the lower right corner of the inside panel.  The colors do not show up very well in my pictures!



I hope you enjoyed today's project!  This card didn't photograph as well as I really like, and I apologize for that.  I am definitely not a professional photographer!

Happy stamping,
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment