Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Double Wonder Cards!

Hi, Crafty Friends,
I miss seeing you guys SO MUCH!  As an introvert, I really don’t mind being at home and even being by myself, but enough is enough.  I am struggling a bit with the staying in and not seeing friends, but if it means staying safe and helping others stay safe then I am OK with staying in.  I am very thankful to have Doyle at home again.

I am working hard at organizing/reorganizing/once again organizing my craft room.  I hope at some point to be able to have my annual yard sale—lots of goodies need a new home!  I am also working on the card buffet boxes, finishing up older ones and coming up with new cards.  What what I have enjoyed most, I think, is time to just create for fun.  It reminds me why I do this and what makes me happy!  One of the projects I enjoyed is a Double Wonder.  Some of you may have seen something called a One Sheet Wonder, where someone shows how to cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to use on a number of different cards.  Shannon West works for Stampin’ Up! and is the originator of the Double Wonder.  She chose two sheets of Designer Series Paper (DSP) that coordinated well (be sure to look at the back sides as well because you use both sides).  I have seen just about every DSP used for this, but the post I actually used to make my cards is from an SU Demo named Julie Davison.  Click HERE to see her post.

Here is a picture of the cards I made:




And here are the cutting instructions for the DSP:


Find the card sketches/Julie's directions HERE.

Tomorrow, I will post the first group of cards and give you the list of dimensions and products I used on them!  Remember that you can use whatever DSP that you prefer, and use whatever sentiments you wish!  Have fun with this project!

Thanks for stopping by today!  #makeacardsendacard

Happy stamping,
 Linda








No comments:

Post a Comment