Sunday, August 17, 2014

Too Kind May Play Day Project!

Hi, Stampers!  Today I am sharing a project using the Too Kind stamp set, which we made at May Play Day.


My recipe for this card:

STAMPS:  Too Kind, Dictionary

CARDSTOCK:
     Sahara Sand:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2
     Calypso Coral:  3-7/8 x 5-1/4
     Whisper White:  3-3/4 x 5-1/8
     Calypso Coral:  2-3/8 x 5-1/4
     Whisper White:  2-1/4 x 5-1/8
     SCRAPS:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White

INK:  Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Crisp Cantaloupe

ACCESSORIES:  Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Large Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon

To use the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch on this card, mark the 2-3/4 point on each side (the 5-1/2 side) of the card with a pencil mark.  Carefully insert the side of the card into the Scallop Tag Topper Punch with the pencil mark down:


Line up the pencil mark with the tallest center scallop and punch.  Your paper will look like this:


On the right side of the card, you will want to score the scalloped part as shown above, then cut off the pieces to the top and bottom of the scalloped piece.  This scalloped part will fold in toward the front of the card.  I use my trimmer to cut off these parts like this:


At this point, I scored the Sahara Sand card stock 4-1/4 from the right side (after the excess card stock has been trimmed).


Then I insert the cardstock on the left side and repeat the process, except that you do not want to score the scallop tag portion on the left side.  Decorate the front of the card, then tie the scallop tags using the Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon.

TIP:  When trying a new fold or technique, I use non-Stampin Up! paper or retired paper.  That way if I mess up, I haven't ruined my "good" cardstock.  Sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it right!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment