Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Rose Wonder Magnolia Card

Hi, Friends,
Today was a bit more challenging for me with the rain and gloomy day.  I really enjoyed hearing from several of you today (emails and texts are always, always welcome).  I got up early and made a quick dash into Publix this morning.  They open 7:00 am to 8:00 am on Tuesday and Wednesday just for senior adults.  So we are pretty well stocked for a while.  I think I will try the curbside delivery next time I need groceries.  I hear it is a good alternative to going to the store but I haven’t tried it.

Today, I am sharing a card I made for a new friend.  The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set, which is retired, but the cardstock, DSP and ribbon are all current.  Here is a picture of my project:


I used the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo.  The ribbon is adhered to the front panel of the card, then I trimmed the ends of the ribbon off.  I then tied the Mossy Meadow thread around the panel before I adhered it to the card base.


The inside of the card looks like this:


I stamped the small flower from the Magnolia Blossoms stamp set using Soft Suede ink.  I colored the flower using Mossy Meadow and Petal Pink Blends markers.

Here is my recipe for this project:

STAMPS:  Rose Wonder (Retired), Magnolia Blooms

CARDSTOCK:  
     Mossy Meadow:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Petal Pink:  4 x 5-1/4
     Magnolia Lane DSP:  3-7/8 x 3-7/8
     Magnolia Lane DSP:  1-1/2 x 3-7/8
          SCRAPS:  Whisper White, Mossy Meadow
                INSIDE:  
                     Petal Pink:  3-3/4 x 5
                     Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede

BLENDS:  Mossy Meadow (Light), Petal Pink (Dark)

ACCESSORIES:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Ovals Layering Framelits, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo, Dimensionals

HOW I MADE IT:

1.  Use scoreboard to score Mossy Meadow card base at 4-1/4.  Fold and burnish the fold with a bone folder.
2.  Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp signature stamp on back of card base.
3.  Stamp small flower using Soft Suede ink on lower right corner of inside panel.  Color using markers.  
4.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.
5.  Adhere printed paper to Petal Pink cardstock.  Adhere ribbon at "seam".  Tie Mossy Meadow thread around ribbon.
6.  Adhere above panel to front of card base.
7.  Use Mossy Meadow ink to stamp sentiment verse on scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using framelit and Big Shot.
8.  Cut scallop oval from Mossy Meadow cardstock using Layering Oval Framelits and Big Shot.  Adhere sentiment panel to Mossy Meadow scalloped oval.
9.  Attach sentiment panel to front of card base using dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope it has been a good day for you.  Be sure to make a card and send it to someone special today!

Happy crafting,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment