Monday, October 28, 2019

BIRDS OF A FEATHER Halloween Card Buffet Project!

Hi, Stampin Friends,
I don’t normally do Halloween cards.  It isn’t really that I am for or against the holiday, I am just usually busy making Christmas cards, or other occasion cards, and just skip Halloween.  I also don’t have a lot of “little people” to mail a Halloween card to.  But this year, the Birds of a Feather Stamp Set was so stinking cute that I just had to make some cards with it for the card buffet I had as a vendor for the Salvation Army Crop in September.  Here is my card:


Isn't the little duck pirate cute?  He was SO fun to color with my Blends markers!  Anyway, here is my recipe to make the card:

STAMPS:  Birds of a Feather

CARDSTOCK:
     Cajun Craze:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Basic Black:  4 x 5-1/4
     Crushed Curry:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     Toil & Trouble DSP (retired):  1-1/2 x 3-7/8
     SCRAPS:  Whisper White, Cajun Craze
     INSIDE:
          Basic Black:  3-3/4 x 5
          Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8

INK:  Memento Black

BLENDS:  Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Cajun Craze

ACCESSORIES:  Stitched Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Magnetic Platform, Big Shot, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Rhinestones


Below is the inside of my card.  I stamped the stars in a row across the bottom of the inside panel and colored them with my trusty Blends markers!


HOW TO MAKE IT:

1.  Use Memento black ink to stamp signature stamp on the back of the card base.

2.  Stamp stars across the bottom of the inside panel using Memento black ink.  Color using Blendabilities.

3.  Adhere inside panels together; adhere to inside of card base.

4.  Adhere Toil and Trouble DSP (retired) strip onto the bottom of the Crushed Curry cardstock panel.  Adhere Burlap Ribbon at seam.  Tie linen thread around Burlap Ribbon.  

5.  Use Memento black ink to stamp sentiment just above Burlap Ribbon.

6.  Adhere panel to Basic Black cardstock; adhere to front of card base.

7.  Stamp duck pirate using Memento black ink onto scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  Cut out using Stitched Shapes Framelit and Big Shot.  Color using Blends markers.

8.  Use scalloped circle die from Circles Layering Framelits to cut a scalloped circle from scrap of Cajun Craze cardstock.  Adhere stamped circle to Cajun Craze scalloped circle.  Attach to card front using dimensionals.

9.  Add rhinestones (see photo for placement).


I hope you enjoy the project I shared today!  Have an awesome day; I hope it includes time for crafting!

Happy stamping,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment