Monday, October 12, 2009

My Swap Cards

My friend and fellow Stampin Up Demo, Ellen, recently hosted a swap called "All About Fall". I made two cards for the swap and got 20 back, and they are all wonderful! I am just posting the ones I made today, but will work on posting some of the others later. Hope you enjoy them!




This card uses the scalloped edge medallion technique. I used the FALLING LEAVES stamp set on it. A couple of the leaves were stamped directly onto the Close to Cocoa cardstock, I stamped the others on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut them out. Two of the leaves are adhered directly onto the Close to Cocoa cardstock; the Old Olive leaf is adhered with a dimensional. I really like the way that this card turned out!


My swap for the second group used the TRENDY TREES stamp set. I used the "Give Thanks" acorn from the THE MORE THE MERRIER stamp set (hostess) on the Chocolate Chip layer, then sponged around it. I used the Top Note die to cut out Really Rust and Old Olive cardstock, and stamped the Really Rust with one of the tree toppers from TRENDY TREES. I cut the Old Olive in half, then used my Scallop Edge Punch to create a "grass" effect (I cut the scallops as they were intended, then went back and randomly recut them). I sponged this layer as well, stamped "Grateful" on Old Olive scrap, punched it out with the Modern Label punch, and adhered it with dimensionals after I added Vintage Brads. Trees were stamped and punched out with the 1-1/4 inch circle punch, background for trees with the 1-3/8 inch circle punch.

I REALLY liked both of these cards, and had fun creating them! Thanks for looking!

Happy Stampin and Scrappin!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment