Wednesday, September 16, 2009

August Trip to Oregon




























One of the reasons I am so far behind on posting is that I was able to fly to Oregon the last week of August. All of my Mother's relatives live there, so she likes to be able to visit at least once a year. I flew to Denver, met Mother there (she flew from Indianapolis), and then went on to Portland with her.



Pacific Ocean at Depot Bay, Oregon




Canby, Oregon (where my aunt lives) is the dahlia capital of the world. Their annual dahlia festival was in progress while we were there, and I got to go to see it twice! They have acres and acres of dahlia fields, two large rooms of dahlia arrangements, and it is a BEAUTIFUL site!

My mother, her brother, Paul, her brother, Ray, and her sister, Ada.

Some of the wonderful desserts that we had at our family gathering. The pear tart (center pie with lattice top) was excellent--made by cousin Loretta!

Mother and I at the family gathering
We had a great time seeing all of the relatives and beautiful Oregon. We feasted on lots of good food and came back a few pounds heavier. One of my favorites was the fresh black cherries we bought at a fruit stand on the way to the coast!


No comments:

Post a Comment