Thursday, February 26, 2015

Beautiful Bunch February Play Day Project!

Hi, Friends,
Last evening we had a BEAUTIFUL snow.  It started about supper time and snowed until after we went to bed.  We wound up with about eight inches.  Here are a couple of pictures from our house:

and a ruler on the rail of our deck, showing how deep it was:

I had great fun sitting in my sunroom last night with the lights out watching the snow fall, so peaceful!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a card we made at February Play Day:

the inside of the card looks like this:

Here is my recipe:

STAMPS:  Beautiful Bunch, Flower Patch

     Pacific Point:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Wild Wasabi:  3-3/4 x 5
     Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8
     Painted Bloom DSP:  3-1/4 x 3-5/8
          Daffodil Delight:  3-3/4 x 5
          Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-5/8
     SCRAPS:  Daffodil Delight, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi

INK:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi

ACCESSORIES:  Fun Flower Punch, 7/8 Circle Scallop Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, White Baker's Twine, Zig Zag Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Bone Folder, Score Board

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stamping,

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Butterfly Framelits Play Day Project!

Wow, friends, it has been a while since I blogged!  Time really got away from me!  It has been a busy time, I cropped with my scrappin sisters at the Salvation Army Angel Tree Crop (we donate toys and clothes for the Angel Tree at Christmas, plus the fee we pay goes to buy items for the Angel Tree), had a birthday, and had Play Day last weekend.  Fun times, but I need to find a few minutes to share with you the awesome projects coming from my craft room!

Here is one of my favorites from February Play Day, which uses the new Butterfly Framelits:

I really LOVE this set, it is so much fun to play with!  I used the dryer sheet technique (see Deb Valder's video on YouTube) to get all of the little pieces out of the die.  I cut the butterfly from card stock, then folded four dryer sheets in half and ran the die and card stock through the Big Shot on top of the dryer sheets.  It is truly a miracle when you see that wonderful die cut and all the little pieces stuck to the dryer sheet!  Gently pull up on the die cut, the little unneeded pieces stay stuck to the dryer sheet!  I have friends who have had success running the die, card stock and one dryer sheet folded in half through the Big Shot (run through twice to make sure it is cut), so you may want to try it.  Each Big Shot is calibrated differently, so you may have to experiment with different thicknesses with your machine.  Here is a picture of the bottom of the inside:

and a picture of the butterflies from the side to show the dimension:

I love the way this card turned out.  I followed MPTWSC #146 (sketch) although I was months too late to enter the card in the challenge.  There are three butterflies adhered together with mini glue dots, a Very Vanilla butterfly, a Gold Foil butterfly, and a Basic Black butterfly.  They are staggered slightly so hints of the gold and vanilla show through.  Here is my recipe:

STAMPS:  Butterfly Basics

     Basic Black:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Very Vanilla:  4 x 5-1/4
     Typeset DSP:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     Typeset DSP:  2 x 4
     Typeset DSP:  3/4 x 3-7/8
     Very Vanilla:  3-3/4 x 5
     Typeset DSP:  3/4 x 3-3/4
     SCRAPS:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil

INK:  Memento Black

ACCESSORIES:  Butterfly Thinlits, Big Shot, Dryer Sheets, Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch, Stacked with Love Washi Tape, Pearls, Gold Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Paper Snips, Bitty Butterfly Punch

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stamping and scrapping,