Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Regarding Dahlias Convention Technique Swap

Today I am sharing a card I made for Sarah Naber's Technique Swap at the 2014 Stampin Up! Convention.  My technique was Emboss Resist.


I loved the way the flower turned out.  I have been a bit intimidated by this stamp, not really knowing what to do with it, but this was an easy technique.  I heat embossed the dahlia using White Embossing Powder, then used a sponge dauber with So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe and Calypso Coral ink to color it in.  I fussy cut the flower out and popped it up with dimensionals.

I kept the inside of the card pretty simple:


Here is my recipe:

STAMPS:  Regarding Dahlias, Positively Chevron, Dictionary, Tape It, A Fitting Occasion

CARDSTOCK:
     Calypso Coral:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Smoky Slate:  4 x 5-1/4
     Whisper White:  3-7/8 x 5-1/8
     Whisper White:  1-3/4 x 3-7/8
     INSIDE:
          Smoky Slate:  3-3/4 x 5
          Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 4-7/8
     SCRAPS:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White

INK;  Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, Versamark

ACCESSORIES:  Sponge, Dimensionals, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Embossing Buddy, Linen Thread, Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker's Twine, Venetian Crochet Trim, Sponge Daubers, Paper Snips, Basic Hodgepodge Clips

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment