Thursday, February 28, 2013

Aviary Notecard

We made this card at my friend, Melanie's, workshop last November.  I love the way it turned out so colorful and cheerful.  I think it would be a fun card to receive from someone!

My recipe:

STAMPS:  Aviary, Summer Silhouettes, Tiny Tags

CARDSTOCK: 
     Old Olive:  4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
     Early Espresso:  2-1/2 x 4-3/4
          (to make the birdhouse shape, I marked the center of the top with a pencil, and then marked
               about 1-1/2" from the top on both sides, then used my cutter to cut the diagonal on both
               sides)
     Real Red:  3/4 x 4
     Scraps:  Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose

INK:  Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Real Red

ACCESSORIES:  Scallop Edge Border Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Owl Punch, Small Heart Punch, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Big Shot, Jewelry Tag Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dimensionals

Hint:  I stamped off the Summer Silhouettes leaf stamp before stamping the background to make them a better background for the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Linda - I love birdhouse themes. Great idea to use the heart punch at the join point for the roof scallops.

    ReplyDelete