Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January Play Day 2012, Project One

We had a Valentine theme for our January Play Day, and our first card is a CASE of one found in the big Stampin Up catalog on page 157:





This card caught my eye when I first flipped through the new catty when it came out, and I decided it was perfect to showcase some of the new Occasions Mini catty products (the beautiful pleated satin ribbon and the Adorning Embosslit Hearts!).  One of the reasons I hadn't made it much, much earlier was that I didn't want to try sewing with my Play Day ladies (to make the pleated paper at the bottom) and the new ribbon solved that problem completely!

You can't see it in the picture, but we used the Hearts (Adorning Accent Embosslits) just above the bottom of the card base; it really adds a nice touch!

Here is my recipe:

STAMPS:  I Heart Hearts, Word Play

CARDSTOCK:
     Riding Hood Red:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
     Whisper White:  3-1/4 x 4-1/2
     Inside:  Blushing Bride:  3-3/8 x 4-5/8
                 Whisper White:  3-1/4 x 4-1/2
     Scraps:  Whisper White

INK:  Riding Hood Red, Blush Blossom

MARKERS:  Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red

ACCESSORIES:  Paper Snips, Big Shot, Adorning Accents Hearts Embossing Folder, Clips, Hemp Twine, Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment