Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SNEAK PEAK OF OCCASIONS MINI SAMPLE!

I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted.  I was gone a total of 23 days in September and October, so I have been catching up on all my normal day-to-day stuff.  Anyway, I'm back, and today I am sharing a card I made with my new toys from the Occasions Mini Catalog!

I needed a birthday card for a friend, so figured I would use the opportunity to play with my new toys.  Here is what I came up with:

I used Baja Breeze cardstock as my base (4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2).  At the bottom of the inside panel, I adhered two small strips of Pocketful of Posey DSP and another strip of Rich Razzleberry cardstock.  I don't have exact measurements, because I have already given my friend her card!  I tied a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon at the top of the card, and cut out two heart shapes from the card front using the brand new framelit heart die from the Occasions Mini catalog.  I used scissors to cut a piece of the Rich Razzleberry colored DSP (from the Pocketful of Posies DSP); I cut narrow strips, but didn't cut all the way to the end.  Then I cut separate strips of the Baja Breeze colored DSP (from the Pocketful of Posies DSP) and wove them through the piece of Rich Razzleberry DSP.  I adhered the woven panel to a used sheet of copy paper to hold it all together, then cut out my two heart shapes from the woven panel with the Framelit Heart Die.  I put adhesive on the back of the hearts, and adhered them to the back panel of the card by inserting them through the cut out heart shapes on the front to make sure they lined up perfectly.

I used the scalloped edgelit on  the bottom front of the card, then embossed the lower portion of the front panel with the Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Here are some more pictures of my card, first the inside of the card:


Then a close up of the front:

You can see the cool little scallops on each scallop in the above picture.

I have started doing a project called the December Daily.  It is a scrapbook where you make a page (or a two page spread) for each day of whatever you do on that particular day.  I have printed out some pictures, but haven't actually done a page yet.  When I get some done, I will begin posting them!

Thanks for stopping by and looking!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment