Saturday, May 21, 2011

Twisted Easel Birthday Card!

Today I want to share with you a card I made for my son-in-law's birthday.  I had been seeing twisted easel cards, and really wanted to try one, and since I had made a fancy fold for several other family members' birthdays, I decided to try one.  Here is a picture of my finished card:





I love the Celebrations Designer Series paper--it makes such bright and cheerful cards!  It made choosing the colors for the card so easy!  I also have a picture of the card opened:




Here is my recipe for this card:

STAMPS:  Crazy for Cupcakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
CARDSTOCK: 
     Pacific Point:  4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
          cut off 1-1/4" from the bottom of the front; score diagonally from center of card to bottom edge
     Real Red:  4 x 4, cut in half diagonally
     Celebrations DSP:  3-5/8 x 3-5/8, cut in half diagonally
     Real Red:  3-3/4 x 3-3/4 (scallop circle)
     Whisper White:  3-1/2 x 3-1/2 (3" circle)
     Real Red:  1-1/8 x 4-1/8
     Celebrations DSP:  1 x 4
     Real Red:  3-3/4 x 3-3/4
     Whisper White:  3-5/8 x 3-5/8
     Scraps:  Whisper White, Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
INK:  Basic Black, Pacific Point
ACCESSORIES:  1-3/8 X 5/8 Oval Punch, 1-3/4 x 7/8 Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Old Olive brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dimensionals, Circle Scallop #2 Die, 3" Circle Die, Big Shot, Paper Snips

I based this card on the instructions found in Beth Crocker's wonderful tutorial video found at http://southerninkerbelles.blogspot.com/2011/02/easel-card-with-a-twist-video-tutorial.html

Thanks for looking!

Happy stampin and scrappin,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment