Monday, July 12, 2010

Two Tag Die Box

We made this cute Two Tag Die Box at our June Play Day, and I promised to share it here on the blog, so here it is!


I saw a basket made like this (with different stamps and colors) on Stampin Connection, the web site Stampin Up provides for demos to share their projects.  A lady named Dawn Olchefske had made the box, and I followed directions she had on her blog, Stampin with Dawn (I think I have the blog name right).

First, I cut two of the large tag from the Two Tag Die with my Big Shot, using Old Olive cardstock.  I also cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock 2-7/8 x 6-3/4 for the sides of the box.  I scored it at 1/2 along the long sides of the strip, and 2" from each end.  Then I stamped with Old Olive Ink, using the Embrace Life stamp set (now retired).  It looked something like this:



I added sticky strip to the bottom of the two tags, and along both 1/2" scores of the rectangle piece, which looked like this:


Next I folded the rectangle at the score lines, then snipped where the score lines intersected:


I removed the red liner from the end pieces of one side of the rectangle, and taped it so it formed a "U":


I removed the red liner from the bottom, and set the "U" on top of one tag, to tape it together to form a box:


I removed the tape from the bottom of the Two Tag Die piece, and taped it to the bottom of the "U", then repeated the above steps on the other side of the box.  I cut a 7/8" x 6-3/4" handle from Basic Black cardstock, stuck one end through the slot in the Two Tag Die, poked a hole with a paper piercer, and fastened it with a silver Vintage brad, then repeated the process on the other side. 


I stamped the flower on Watercolor paper, and watercolored it using an Aqua painter and Real Red Reinker.  I also stamped the flower on Always Artichoke cardstock and cut out two leaves for the flower.  I used a white gel pen to color the small round parts of the flower, after it had dried, then cut it out, attached the leaves, and used dimensionals to attach it to the box.

I used Old Olive ink to stamp the tissue paper, then added it to my box.


If you want to coordinate larger pieces of tissue paper for gift bags, try stamping the image around the edges of the tissue paper.  I think it looks very neat!

And here is our finished box!


Thanks for looking!  This is my first attempt at taking pictures of the various steps of a project, and I wish I had taken a few more pictures, but hope it makes sense anyway!!!

Happy stampin and scrappin!
Linda

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Might have to use it next time I need a small bag like this!
    Now following you from SC. You can find me at dawningdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete