Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Random Cards!

I've been busy cleaning up my craft room; I'm taking my time, sorting, discarding, and finding homes for all my craft stuff, then labeling where I put things, so that one day soon I can say that it is organized.  Right now, it still looks like a disaster with everything all over the place.  But I have a few more cards to share with you!

Yesterday on Stampin Connection I saw someone's card (I just looked it up--her name is Megan Anderson; I like to give credit to those who have inspired me!) that had made a penguin out of the Owl punch, and, since my friend who LOVES penguins hasn't been feeling very good, I thought I would make her a card!  This is how it turned out:


Aren't they SOOOOOO cute?  I love all the cards I am seeing using this punch!  Here is my card recipe (there isn't much stamping on this one):

STAMPS:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
PAPER:
     Marina Mist  4-1/4 x 11, score at 5-1/2
     Whisper White  3 x 4-1/4, 2-1/4 x 4-1/4, 1-1/2 x 4-1/4
     Scraps of Whisper White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red Cardstock
ACCESSORIES:  Owl punch, Sponge, Marina Mist Classic Ink, Three Heart Punch, 1/8" Marina Mist Ribbon

I made the second card for a swap recently that my friend, Ellen, hosted.  It was a Kraft/Crumb Cake swap, and the only requirement was that we use Kraft/Crumb Cake in our creation.  Here is what I made:


My recipe is:
STAMPS:  A Flower For All Seasons, Teeny Tiny Wishes
CARDSTOCK:  
     Kraft/Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
     Old Olive 3 x 5-1/4
     Scrap Watercolor Paper and Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
INK:  Old Olive, Black Stazon Ink, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Basic Gray and Old Olive Reinkers, Garden Green Watercolor Wonder Crayon
PUNCHES:
     Scallop Edge Punch
     2-3/8 Scallop Circle Punch
     1-3/4 Circle Punch
ACCESSORIES:  Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Sponge, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Hemp Twine, Sponge

I made my third card while I was getting ready for Play Day last month.  I really like to make more than one card with each stamp set that I use, and then choose the best card I come up with to make at Play Day.  This card was greatly inspired by a card I saw on Stampin Connection (a Stampin Up Demo web site where we can share our creations) and uses the Tropical Party stamp set:



My recipe for this card:
STAMPS:  Tropical Party, Fundamental Phrases
PAPER:  
     Tempting Turquoise 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4
     Pumpkin Pie  3-7/8 x 5-1/2 
     Island Oasis DS Paper 3-3/4 x 5
     Tempting Turquoise 1-7/8 x 4-7/8
     Pumpkin Pie 1-5/8 x 4-5/8
     Scrap Whisper White
INK: 
     Rose Red, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise
ACCESSORIES:  1-3/8 Square Punch, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red and Old Olive Brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Sponge, Word Window and Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for looking!

Happy stampin and scrappin!
Linda


1 comment:

  1. All three of these cards are wonderful - BUT - I LOVE the penguin card. They are waaaaay too cute. I just signed up to follow your blog. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete