Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cat Sympathy and Wedding Cards!

I know, that makes quite a combination!  But one of my friends lost their cat last week, so I made a cat sympathy card.  If you are not an animal person, you just won't understand, but that is OK! 


This card is made with the C is for Cat stamp set.  My recipe follows:

STAMPS:
     C is for Cat
     Teeny Tiny Wishes
CARDSTOCK:
     Crumb Cake 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2
     Very Vanilla 3-3/4 x 4-1/4
     Soft Suede 3-7/8 x 4-3/8
     Scraps of Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler
INK:
     Crumb Cake Classic Ink Pad
     Basic Black Classic Ink Pad
ACCESSORIES:
     Sponge
      Perfect Details Texturz Plate
     Big Shot
     1-3/4 Circle Punch
     2-3/8 Circle Scallop Punch
     Paper Piercer and Mat Pack
     Dimensionals
     Linen Thread

My daughter has a friend who is getting married in Hawaii, and asked me to make her a wedding card.  I actually made two, and thought I would share them here.  I don't know her friend, so thought I would make a cute one and a more traditional one, and let my daughter choose which one to give her:

WEDDING CARD NO. 1:


OK, this is the "cute" one!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this owl punch, and have already had SO much fun playing with it!  Here is my recipe for this card:

STAMPS:
     Tropical Party
     Fundamental Phrases
     Its A Shore Thing
     Whimsical Words
CARDSTOCK:
     Tempting Turquoise 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4
     Creamy Caramel 2-1/4 x 5-1/2 (this is the ONLY color for sand, even if it is retired!)
     Scraps: 
          Creamy Caramel
          Whisper White
          Soft Suede
          Pumpkin Pie
          Old Olive
          Rose Red
          Tempting Turquoise
INK:
     Creamy Caramel Classic Ink Pad
     Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pad
ACCESSORIES:
     Owl Punch
     Word Window Punch
     Itty Bitty Punch Pack
     Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
     Pearls

This card has to be seen in person to really be appreciated.  The flowers in the girl's hair and on the guy's jacket have small pearls in them, and the girl's dress has a strip of the dotted scallop ribbon border punch on it.  It turned out really cute!

WEDDING CARD NO. 2:

This is the more traditional card, and it is super fast and easy.  I saw a similar card, I think on Splitcoast Stampers, and if you see this and you made the original, or know who did, please let me know so I can give proper credit.  I like to give credit to those whose work I CASE!


STAMPS:
     Fundamental Phrases
     Whimsical Words
CARDSTOCK:
      Whisper White:  5-1/2 x 8-1/2, score at 4-1/4
      Pear Pizzazz:  3-7/8 X 4-7/8
     Whisper White:  3-3/4 x 4-3/4

INK: 
     Pear Pizzazz
ACCESSORIES:
     White Organza Ribbon 5/8" (Non-SU)
     Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
     Big Shot
     Scallop Edge Punch
     Pearls

This card turns out VERY PRETTY and is fast and easy.  If you know the wedding colors, it is simple to make it to go with any color scheme. 

Thanks for looking at today's creations!

Happy stampin and scrappin!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment